at the very end, i whipped out the number 8 siberian squirrel mop and splashed green earth all over the foliage on the left. i tried to correct the kid’s pot-belly, but oh well. i did a hundred touch ups, a million little touches with the brush. i outlined things shamelessly (never mind what i said about there being no such thing as a hard edge). i didn’t spend long on it today, and kept coming back to the kid to see when is enough.
and tho i’m going to let it sit for a couple of days so i can see if it needs anything else, it’s done enough that i put my signature on it, and it’s ready to be cut down and mounted to a board, varnished, and then framed.
i’ll have something to say about varnishing when i’m not so tired. lots of watercolorists hate the very idea. it’s so against the rules.